Abort This Texa$
October 18th, 2021
1 hr 23 mins 5 secs
About this Episode
CW: Abortion - If this is a sensitive topic for you, we'd advise skipping this week.
Hi friends, welcome to The V Spot: A Survival Podcast for Best Friends! This week Professor Katt has done a boat load of research and is going to give a lesson on abortion. We'll do our damnedest to keep it light and infomative.
- A brief history lesson featuring the Quickening
- Racism ruins it again
- Why the Handmaid's Tale imagry isn't the best
- A bunch of politics makes it all worse
And as a quick note - we're using the word 'women' in the episode a lot and we just want to be clear what we mean - someone who could become pregnant, not a gender identification.
Want to donate to help with what's up in Texa$ and support healthcare for women?
The Lilith Fund
For links we mentioned and a bunch of other stuff, go to thevspot.fm.
Want pictures, mostly of food and cats from Dani and Katt? That'd be our Insta.
Wading through the sespool of twitter? Stop by and chat with Andy - he runs the Twitter.
Lousy with cash and just don't know what to do with it? You can always support us, we'd super appreciate it.
This theme music brought to you by Wintergatan. Serious check them out, they're very nice.
Music: "Welding the Steel Frame" by Wintergatan
This track can be downloaded for free at www.wintergatan.net
Free License to use this track in your video can be downloaded at www.wintergatan.net
Thanks to our network Soundite.fm, go check them out!Support The V Spot: Vegan Podcast
- Scarlet Letters: Getting the History of Abortion and Contraception Right - Center for American Progress
- From Commonplace to Controversial: The Different Histories of Abortion in Europe and the United States
- What is the Abortion Pill & How Does the Abortion Pill Work?
- The surprising history of abortion in the United States | CNN
- Abortion in American History - The Atlantic
- Texas Abortion Ban: What It Means and What Happens Next : NPR
- Supreme Court Upholds Restrictive Texas Abortion Law, For Now : NPR
- A federal judge temporarily blocks Texas' SB 8 abortion law : NPR
- Controversial Texas abortion law goes back into effect : NPR
- Justice Department goes back to Supreme Court over Texas abortion law : NPR